Sunday, March 8, 2009

OH BOY......


this boy, Fischer, can't wait for Tuesday to come! He wants me to take him over to the middle school just like all the other kids his age and their mothers are going to do. He wants me to register him for 7th grade. Yes, 7th grade! He wants to go to middle school or as it was called when I was his age, JUNIOR HIGH! I always tell my kids that just because their friends are doing it doesn't mean they have to. That is exactly what I told Fischer last week when he told me it was time for 7th grade registration. He didn't fall for it!

I cannot believe I am being put in this situation. I am not ready for this at all and how in the world did I get to this point in my life? When you deliver these adorable little babies in the hospital, they don't tell you that one day before you know it, you'll be enrolling them in JUNIOR HIGH! Do you all know what goes on in middle school? If you are unaware, I will not spoil the next however many years before your child enters the 7th grade. I'm sure you can cringe and remember what went on when you were in middle school but times have changed my friends, and not for the better. Trust me, my sister-in-law is a teacher and I couldn't believe the things she told me about 6th grade.

So, is now a good time to start home-schooling? Will I be able to figure out and understand the math they are supposed to be doing even though I failed miserably at it? Will he drive me crazy being home all day? How will I deal with the constant eye roll I get every few seconds? Are we too similar personalities that we'll just butt heads and drive each other more insane? hmmm.....

I'm thinking I may have to take a huge leap of faith and let this happen. As scary as it seems, I think I may have to let him take on this crazy experience. How can I deprive him of all the silly things he is so excited for-lockers, vending machines, 7 class periods, girls, running for student body officer? Please keep your fingers crossed for me and when you come to this point in your life, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!



Life is scary!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I think he totally looks ready to tackle Middle School! I have to face this scary experience a year earlier because Kali will start middle school in 6th grade. It is already freaking me out. It's crazy to think that I met you in Junior High. Wow times flies.

Unknown said...

didn't he just start kindergarten yesterday? it bothers this grandmother greatly that he is old enough to begin jr. high! stop growing up so fast fischer!!!! Listen to your grandma, dangit