Friday, March 6, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY....

to the world's greatest MOM! And you thought she belonged to you! Sorry to disappoint friends, but she belongs to me! Today she is 51 years young! WOW! I don't have a picture to post of her but she is pretty darn cute! Here are the top 5 reasons why she is the greatest -in no particular order:

1. If she won the lottery or inherited mucho money, she would make sure all of her children's needs & wants were taken care of first. Then if there was any money left over, she might buy herself a cute purse or something. She always puts her needs/wants last.

2. She is hilarious. She can make a whole room of people laugh til' they cry. She is great to have around in a boring situation or crowd. Everyone loves to be around her because she is so funny. She is very quick-witted (is that a word?) and always adds humor to any mood or conversation.....trust me on this one. People just really, really like her...a lot!

3. Greatest mom in the world obviously translates to greatest Grandma in the world. My kids are fortunate enough to be the only grandkids and they are spoiled like grandkids are going out of style. She consumes most of her free weekends to having one on one sleepovers with them. This is a big bonus for us because one less kid every weekend makes all the difference in the world-and yes I do love my children more than life itself.

4. She does and would do anything for her children. Even if it requires up and moving her family to another state one day just to help the salvation of her oldest daughter. Just one example.

5. She's always been an example in the gospel, marriage, mothering, friendship, etc. She is just a good person with a good heart. She does so much service.

Hope you have a wonderful BIRTHDAY and many, many more to come...I LOVE YOU MOM!


Life is good!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well thanks dear, those are big shoes to fill! Thanks for being a great daughter and giving me 4 almost 5 of my favorite little people on the planet! I love you Angela!!!

Jaden said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! She is soooooo young! My mom turns 60 next week, but definitely doesn't feel like she should be 60!

liz said...

oh, i really love your mom too. she is so witty and thoughtful. which is my favorite combo. :)