Wednesday, April 6, 2011

update.

....but first a cute picture! I love pictures. I love looking at my pictures and everybody's pictures. Pictures kind of make me feel like I know a person even though I may have never met them.

By the way, what's a girl got to do to get some new jeans around here? Suddenly this girl seems to have holes in every single pair. I keep holding my breath that we can make it a few more weeks until warmer weather but then I come to reality that I live in Utah- four seasons in a week! 70 degrees one day, six inches of snow the next.


Today was sunny but chilly. We decided to play outside and when we got a little too chilly we bundled up in warm blankets.
I got so excited when I saw that my favorite tree was starting to bloom today!


Carrying on. So like I've mentioned, we have been planning and working on putting our house up for sale for the last 5 months. On March 15th it was listed and I am grateful to report that we had an offer just 5 days later....which happened to be my birthday..so cool! Whew! Just those 5 days sent my head spinning. We started showing the house just hours of it being listed and it didn't stop. So when I say I am grateful, I really mean I am grateful that I didn't have to do that for months. What a chore it is to keep your home immaculate with five children and a yard in tip top shape with three dogs. Again, so grateful that is over. And in reality, it's not really over until the dotted line is signed (keeping my fingers crossed!) There were some wrinkles that had to be ironed out and so we kept it on the down low for a couple of weeks. We are supposed to close on April 27th. So in the meantime we have been searching and searching for our new home and haven't had much luck. Six months ago we started looking and found some amazing homes with amazing prices. Recently houses have started moving up slowly but surely. We have pinpointed South Jordan as the area we would like to find something in but everything we have found has been either off of a main road or just a few houses in from the main road. A lot of houses we try to look at already have multiple offers on. Most homes on the market are a "short sale" which is NOT a short process. That takes patience and then some more patience. Just because a home is listed at a certain price means nothing. It's just a way to spark your interest. So, it's a game. Needless to say, we do know what we want but haven't had much luck. Yesterday afternoon I was looking online and noticed that a home we had tried to look at (already had an offer and a back up offer) was lowered in price. Long story short, we found out that apparently both offers fell through and they were trying to get another offer into the bank quick. So we went and looked at it last night and really liked it a lot and the price (which again, means nothing). When we got home last night I pulled it up online to look at it again and noticed that the price had been dropped even MORE! So today we put in an offer. We'll see how it all goes since it is a short sale and has to be submitted to the bank for acceptance. We would be happy to get it but certainly not devastated to not get it either. So there is the most up-to-date update. More soon.

Life is sweet!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Love the pics! That is just amazing that your house sold so quick. I hope you get your new home! We really want to buy a foreclosure or shortsale home when we move back to Utah in a coupe years but yeah I've heard working with the banks can be a nightmare. Congrats to you guys, that is very exciting!