Wednesday, February 16, 2011

For the love of pumpkins.


See, I told you I still have fall decor up! Yup, Christmas got skipped right over, then Valentines and soon to be Easter (maybe.) I love my pumpkins! But we have just been so busy working on the house for the last few months (we're a little slow) and well I just decided not to take this stuff down and put up all my Christmas stuff. Today I think it just might come down.

On a different note...
It came as a little shock for some when I mentioned that we are planning on putting our house on the market soon. We really love our neighborhood and love the location we are in but we have just outgrown our home. We decided now seems like a good time to up and move. It is certainly a buyers market right now and we know that it may take an eternity to sell at this time but it is also a perfect time to buy a home too. We are not going to buy a home until ours sells. We have a great home and it has been great for our family but we just need/want more room. We are thinking that we really like the South Jordan area. Curtis likes to joke and say that we are either moving to South Jordan or Idaho! He has been trying to get me to move to Idaho since the day we got married. And I have supported him in looking for jobs there, but no such luck (whew!) Anyways, just thought I'd fill you all in a little more. It is hard to up and move when you have a teenager and they think their friends/school life is their whole world. But Fischer only has one more year of middle school and I would like to move before High School. Anyways, we'll see what happens. We have a few more things to finish up and soon we'll have a "for sale" sign in our yard. Again, we have awesome neighbors! We have a good ward, and the area is perfect. Hello, I live right across the street from Target (what more could a girl ask for?) We are only moving because our needs/wants have changed. I throw in "want" there because of course we could still function in this house if needs be.
Life is sweet!

2 comments:

Cory and Tia said...

Ditto! We feel the same way about selling and moving! Good luck selling - we haven't had much, but your place is much cuter than ours, so I bet you won't have to wait long.

liz said...

umm..how come i didn't know you were doing this "project life" thing posting a picture everyday! sheesh. that's what i get for only using google reader and not actually checking blogs. i am loving all your everyday pics. you need to teach me how to capture moments like that.