Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Notice anything different?

Miss Emma has a new style!

Last week we cut about 12 inches off for Locks of Love and then about another 2 inches to cut and style her hair! We had an icky situation last week and I have debated putting it here on my blog but I have decided I will. She came home last week with head lice. I freaked out, went to the store, treated her hair, cried, took her and got her hair chopped off, came home and treated her hair again. It was so hard for me to see her hair cut short but all is good now. We have always tried curling her hair with sponge curlers or a curling iron but it just doesn't work. I'm sure because of the length and the thickness. Ever since we got it cut she has been wanting to try it again with sponge curlers. However, she has been sick for several days and today was the first day she was going to go back to school. She was so excited to show off her haircut and so last night we spent an hour putting sponge curlers in and she ended up throwing up all night long and is devastated that she can't go to school again today! Poor girl! I feel so bad for her. She is bored out of her mind. So we took some pictures and this was the result! She said it looks like she has a wig on! LOL! Too cute! She is beautiful no matter what!

On a side note: I treated her for head lice a third time just to be safe because I am a freak! I also treated everyone else in our home, washed EVERYTHING that can possibly be washed, disinfected from top to bottom...whew! We have never had this happen to any of our kids all these years in public school! I called the school because I wanted to give them a heads up. They informed me that they no longer do head checks or send home letters with the kids to inform the parents, it is all confidential. So just be aware of this and check for head lice often in the winter.

Life is full of bugs! Yuck!

6 comments:

Scarlett said...

Oh my gosh! She is the cutest thing, ever! Her hair is adorable! I can't believe she got lice. Crazy!

Unknown said...

she looks like shirley temple! i love it!

Steve said...

So cute! I love it. But I guess I'd better dig through my beard and make sure I didn't pick up anything... ;-)

Karey L F said...

She looks so cute. I am so sorry about the Lice thing. It's nasty! When my girls got it, I freaked. I thought, this can't be happening at my house, I am a clean person. Gives me the hebbie jebbies just thinking about it. I to went a little crazy with the treatments, spray and cleanings - Ick!

Lyle, Heather, Suzie, Becca and Caleb said...

So cute!! I am sorry about the sickness and and the lice! I also can not believe that the school will not send notes home!! That is crazy!

liz said...

ummm...my head has been very itchy since we came over on sunday.. haha. poor emma. but the new haircut is DARLING. maybe i do need to "just have a baby" and then we can hang out in the daylight! :)