Wednesday, December 2, 2009

And the baby-proofing begins....


This little guy has gone mobile! He gets into everything....and so the baby-proofing begins. He puts everything into his mouth and luckily just "stores" it there. I have been pulling random things out of his mouth non-stop over the last few weeks, mostly paper. He got into the kids' gingerbread houses the other day and had a good time sucking on the poor gingerbread man's head. Good times.

Anyways, Crew turned 8 months and I have been wanting to document about this current stage for a couple weeks but time just gets away too fast around here. I wish I had done more of this when my other kids were babies.

{Crew @ 8 months}
*got his first tooth on November 16th, second tooth on November 18th
*officially stopped nursing at 8 months
*started crawling the day after he turned 8 months
*started climbing and pulling himself up
*is going through a terrible sleeping phase
*has had two ear infections since he got tubes put in
*LOVES, loves to eat any and all baby food
*hates to get his diaper changed, it's becoming quite a challenge now that he is a lot stronger
*hates to get dressed and have anything pulled over his head
*hates to be buckled into his car seat (this is not fun even when he is in a good mood, but if you do this when he is in a bad mood, watch out!)
*loves bath time
*pulls himself up into the position that looks like he is getting ready to do a somersault and just stays there until he gets tired (picture ahead, please don't take offense!)
*loves his momma the most :)
*has become more attached to his binky
*gets so excited when we go to pick the kids up from school and they get into the car

Crew is so much fun to play with. When the kids go to school I love to just sit and play with him. He has a very serious personality compared to the rest of the kids. So when his playful side comes out, it just makes it that much more fun. We still just go crazy over this little guy! I hate being away from him for even an hour. I was gone for a very long time yesterday and last night until late and I was going crazy wondering how he was surviving without me! LOL!~ Love my baby! I just wish he would stay my baby, he is quickly approaching ONE all too soon!

Crew has a set of bath toys that I keep in the tub for him to play with but if Stockton or Emma take a bath with him he always wants whatever they are playing with. It is so funny to watch! He will scream and have a little tantrum until he gets "that" toy! If you try and sneak it away and hand him his bath toys, he gets mad. He ONLY wants the toy that isn't the same as what he usually plays with. Sometimes it is the dumbest toy too, he doesn't care. So we end up keeping a new toy in the tub for him to play with but the minute the kids bring a different toy in the tub that he hasn't seen before, then it starts all over again! It is seriously the funniest thing ever.

Don't be upset, it's a baby bum for cryin' out loud! And a cute one to boot!

Life is short!

1 comment:

Peter, Heidi, and Nixon said...

Oh my heck! He is getting so big and is super cute! I LOVE his sweet smile with those teeth! I wish Nixon would either show some signs of teething or just have them pop out already! I am worried I will have a 2 year old with dentures! Next time I am in town we will have to get our cute little guys together for a photo shoot and some play! xoxo, heidi