Tuesday, April 7, 2009

There's no place like home!


Welcome home Crew...again! Me and my little buddy Crew just got home from Primary Children's Hospital yesterday. He ended up there last Friday because of a pretty bad case of RSV. It just breaks your heart to see someone so little and new (only 9 days old at the time) suffer and be in pain. It was a VERY long weekend to say the least. He did end up being released, however, he is hooked up to oxygen and a heart monitor here at home. I suppose he was bound to end up with this dreadful sickness considering that Curtis was extremely sick at the time he was born and all the kids at home-even my doctor was sick when Crew was delivered. I keep thinking to myself "if only he had been born a week later!"

Anyways, I am so grateful for Primary Children's Hospital. The nurses and doctors there are really amazing. They are very cautious and proactive. I remember feeling this same way when Emma was 5 weeks old with RSV at Primary Children's Hospital. I feel very blessed to live near this great place and have them as a medical resource. They are caring and compassionate.

This is us. Yes, I looked tired and haggard...because I was. It is physically and emotionally exhausting. You sit there and watch everyone else take care of your baby and you feel helpless. The only thing I was able to do to comfort him was feed him once he started eating again. The sleepless nights feel like weeks. Most all the rooms there are shared. So Crew shared a room with another little baby with RSV. So not only are you listening to your baby cry and be attended to but TWO babies.


Well, I'm not trying to have a pitty party for myself (ok, maybe a little) just feels good to vent sometimes. I am very grateful to be home and to have Crew hopefully on the mend. Keeping my fingers crossed that Spring will bring some warm weather that will give all of our immune systems some health and strength.



Life is challenging!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That last picture is Emma all over again! We are glad that baby is home!!!

Jamie said...

Poor guy! I am so sorry for what you and your poor little baby had/have to go through. Emi once spent a night at Primary's being treated for dehydration caused by the rotavirus and I was VERY impressed with the hospital (except for having to share a room part)- everyone was wonderful. Now you need to try to rest and recoup!

Jaden said...

Sorry you had to go through that! He is sooooo cute!

liz said...

ohhhh...poor baby! i'm so glad he's doing better. i've been wanting to come see you but i had a little cold last week too. love you guys!

Krista said...

Oh, how scary that must have been! I'm glad he was taken care of so well. That is definitely one of the things we miss about being down here--Primary Children's is now a helicopter ride away instead of a car ride. Glad he is home and on the mend--he is adorable!

Bonnie said...

Saw your blog link on facebook! I am sorry to hear your new little one was so sick! I hope he gets better soon. David was born in August so I didn't worry too much about RSV. That is so difficult!

Teresa Gamboa said...

Oh look at your cute little guy. That is sad that he had to go to the hospital. But, oh my heck, how cute is he!!!! I NEED to hold him. When everyone is well give us a call. John wants to know how come you have not posted any photos of the new puppy and once again I will smack him again! :)