Tuesday, August 25, 2009

5 months old!



Where does time go? Really? I blink and a few months have already come and gone.

August 15th, 2008 was the day I found out I was pregnant with Crew. Thinking about it, I can still feel the shock I was in. I remember trying to decide when and how (and IF) I was even going to tell Curtis the news. I couldn't handle watching him go into cardiac arrest. Even though we all know it takes two to tango, I knew he would be in denial that he had anything to do with such an act that could possibly result in another "precious gift from God!" What in the world was I going to do?

Later that day Curtis came home from work early because his friend Dave had asked him to go riding. Curtis had gone riding the night before and so I asked him why he wanted to go again. He said that Dave had called him from work venting about what a bad day it had been and that he needed to go riding to "relieve some stress!" I told Curtis that yes he should go riding with Dave then because he too would need to "relieve some stress!" Since Curtis is not an individual that stresses very much or even at all, he looked at me with a puzzled expression. I then blurted out "I am pregnant!" It didn't take long for that stress to kick in!
Actually, deep deep (deep) down inside Curtis was happy and excited too. And now that we have our little "precious gift from God" we couldn't imagine our lives and family without him.
p.s. with 5 little lives to keep up with, there's not much time to tango these days

Life is surprising!

1 comment:

Brei said...

You can always send some over here! Or just remember: hazard on the horizontal!!