Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cute baby gift idea!

I saw this on the internet and I had to make it for a friend/neighbor having a baby. This is such an easy, inexpensive, and cute gift idea. So I thought I'd share! All you need to do is buy a towel or blanket. I could not find a baby blanket that would work so I bought a towel for $3.50 at Target. I bought the diapers on sale and used a $3.00 off coupon which made the diapers $5.00 for a size 1, 50 count pack.

I folded the towel in half and then in half again (lengthwise). I opened up each individual diaper and rolled it up and secured the roll with those teeny tiny hair elastics that I buy and use for Emma's hair. You can buy those anywhere, even the dollar store. Then I just stacked the diapers into a pyramid and then pulled up the sides of the towel and secured the sides together with a larger elastic and then tied with ribbons.

I think I used 28 diapers but you could try and use 25 which would give you enough to create two gifts.

I just googled the stork pattern and found one that was similar to the one I saw online (Pinterest). Printed it off, cut it apart into a pattern. Traced it onto the pattern paper and cardstock. Glued everything together. Really easy peasy!

I didn't even have a real googly eye so I just cut it out of the colored copy I printed off. His beak and legs are not pink like they look in the photo, they are salmon!

1 comment: