Saturday, April 10, 2010

A very special day!

Stockton Russell Timothy is officially a new member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints.
He was baptized this morning by his dad! We are so proud of his decision. He has always been such a good boy and I hope he continues to choose the right. Sometimes I think he gets pushed aside being the middle child and might not get the same amount of attention at times but we sure do love him more than anything. I am so very grateful that he is a member of our family and now the true church. He is a great example to me and teaches me so much. He is a great helper and always willing to help. He is such a smart boy and loves learning.

One funny little thing that happened today that I want to remember: Last night I ran to the store to buy him some white underwear after discovering that he only had colored. This morning I told him to put the white ones on. Right as we were getting in the car to go to the baptism, Curtis asked me if I had remembered to pack Stockton an extra pair to put on after the baptism. I had not. So I told Stockton to hurray and run in the house and go get a new pair of underwear. Well what we later found out was that Stockton ran back into the house and changed his underwear and put on a new pair...colored ones. LOL! He was a little confused I guess. He wasn't quite sure why I wanted him to get a new pair of underwear, he's just an obedient boy!

After the baptism my mom hosted a lunch at her house (thanks, mom.) Lots of good food but this yummy goodness was gone before lunch:
(Made by my Aunt Laurie! Thanks Laurie!)

Stockton was so surprised to find that you get showered with presents on your baptism day! He even got his own set of scriptures from Grandma Bowden.

Thanks to all my family for coming and supporting us and Stockton. I really have the most amazing family. I love everyone in mine and Curtis' family so very much. We are so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful people and I am so thankful. Thanks for loving us and always supporting us.
 

Life is precious!

2 comments:

Karey L F said...

Congratulations Stockton, we are so proud of you! Thanks for being such a great example to Cody. He looks up to you a lot!

The picture doesn't begin to do Curtis's jumpsuit justice. It was such a "nice" looking outfit. Seriously - Birthday idea!

We had an underware issue at Jessy's baptism as well....remind me and I'll tell you about it sometime!

Unknown said...

wasn't stockton just born? wow the time went quick!